Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Election Day - The Final Countdown

It's finally here!  Today is November 1, 2011, and in Ward 4 of Humboldt, it is election day. 
I feel like I have been campaigning forever.  It has taken so much time and so much energy, I am truly relieved it is finally here.  I have met a lot of people and have had so many conversations about our schools, and I have to say the experience has been rewarding regardless of the outcome.  But of course, it will be so much more rewarding with a victory!

So today, I give you the final installment of The Final Countdown of reasons to vote for me.

Number 1 - Change

Change.  It's something that is necessary, exciting, and scary all at once.  Not all change is good, and change for the sake of change is not anything I advocate.  In this case, in talking about the leadership on the School Board in Humboldt, I think a change would do us good. 

I came across a statement from one of the greatest orators and statesmen of the 20th Century.  I think it sums up perfectly the choice we have.  Winston Churchill once said, "there is nothing wrong with change, if it is in the right direction."  There is something to be said for experience, and there is a certain degree of comfort in keeping things the way they are.  But there is a lot to be said for making the right changes when the opportunity presents itself, too. 

I've said all along I don't have all the answers and I am only one person, but I truly believe I bring the right kind of experience, education, and enthusiasm we need on the School Board in Humboldt.  I hope you agree, and I sincerely ask for your vote today.  For my children, for your children, for our future...vote for Lee Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment