Monday, October 31, 2011

2 Days Left - The Final Countdown

The title is a little misleading, since it's actually only about 8 hours until the polls open.  But in keeping with the theme, I bring you the next to last installment of the Final Countdown of reasons to vote for me.

Number 2 - Enthusiasm

I want to be on the School Board; that's apparent.  There is a difference, however, between doing something because you're passionate about it and doing something because others want you to do it.  It's that passion for making a difference and that passion for public education that makes me truly enthusiastic about this opportunity.

I'm enthusiastic about being on the School Board because I believe there are things the Board can do to really make a positive difference.  I have lots of ideas and never stop looking for ideas that can move us forward, and it's exciting to think about being in a position to cultivate policies and programs that can give those ideas life.

What is really most exciting for me, though, is the opportunity to get on the School Board now, while my children are still so young, so I can have a chance to shape the education they will receive in the coming years.  I can't think of any better motivation or anything that could make me more enthusiastic about being on the School Board in Humboldt.

No comments:

Post a Comment