Friday, October 28, 2011

5 Days Left - The Final Countdown

Now that I have that song stuck in your head...
We're down to the last five days before the big day.  It's been a long journey and an interesting journey, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't ready for it to be over.  It's taken a lot of time and a lot of money to campaign for this position, but it has been worth every minute and every dollar.

For these last five days, I want to take the opportunity to count down the five most important reasons to vote for me to be your Ward 4 representative on the School Board in Humboldt.

Number 5 - Vested Interest

What do I mean by that?  We all have a vested interest in the success of our schools, whether or not we have children in the system.  The schools affect home values, industry recruitment, and so many facets of our quality of life.  For those of us with school-aged children or young children that will be going to school in Humboldt, we have the most important interest to look after.  We are responsible for the education of our children. 

I'm not saying everybody on the School Board should necessarily have children in the system to be qualified.  However, a person that is a capable leader AND a parent of young children is an ideal candidate for this position.  I think that's pretty intuitive, and from what I am hearing from the community, I'm not the only one that feels this way.  I hope you consider the fact that no member of the current School Board has school-aged children, and I hope you will vote for me so I can work for the betterment of the education for all children.

No comments:

Post a Comment